Go to the complete online Bible study: http://wp.me/s4dhin-hater
Human Nature (the flesh/sinful nature) Hater
Message in the picture
“Surely you know that people who do wrong will not get to enjoy God’s kingdom. Don’t be fooled.
In the past some of you were: Having sex before marriage (fornicating) – Idolaters (worshiping false gods) – Thieves – Effeminate (homosexuals/prostitutes) – Unfaithful to your spouses (adultery) – Covetous (greedy) – Drunks (alcoholics/drink too much) – Verbally abusive (slander) – Robbers (extortionist)
But now your sins are washed away: You were made holy. You were made right with God. All of that was done in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 (paraphrased)”
Thought for the day (part of my testimony and an excerpt from the complete Bible study)
For many—including me—we eventually come to a crossroad in life; I had to decide “do I want to continue down this path”? I had people on the street hustling for me, my constant companion was a .357 magnum loaded with hollow-points.
At this stage of the game I needed to be completely hard-core or change. Today I realize God had spared my life many times; a few things that I am grateful for:
- escaping injury from numerous deadly automobile accidents always walking away without a scratch; most of the time I was not wearing a seat belt.
- a few drugs and one concealed weapons arrests; the worst/longest sentence was a week-end stay at the county farm. There were times when the drugs were confiscated but I did not go to jail.
- drug overdoses; once considered dead and brought alive through prayer.
- afflicted with STD’s multiple times from engaging in unprotected sex with numerous women.
- frequently mixing a variety of drugs (hallucinogens, speed, downers; I loved speed-balls).
God has been very good to me, I know I did not (and still do not) deserve His love and forgiveness.
Are you grateful for the mercies and grace of God?